History and technical background
- The existing e-commerce solutions are technologically late
when it comes to the front-end.
- Monolithic architecture is an obstruction to innovation.
- Make many services work together is complex.
- Micro-services, APIs and headless solutions emerge but are expensive to implement.
- To build a singular user-experience is difficult.
- New use-cases com to light (Mobile, AI, VR, chatbots…).
- New approaches are mandatory for B2B e-commerce.
- Every project needs specific UI/UX thinking.
- Good practices adopted from start save time.
- A good Design System make communication between different services easier.
- PWA features will increase customer engagement.
- New web technologies bring new opportunities.
- React will become the new JQuery and many developers will claim their skills.
- Front-end integration must be a tactical investment.
- Greater front-end flexibility helps to solve many problems
related to your website’s ergonomy.
Works on Magento systems since 2010.
Initial thought: stop using Magento’s template engine that’s been too counterproductive over years.
- More than 4000hrs of work.
- Started in October 2015
- Early 2016: PoC and first demos
- Summer 2016: Experiments and technical choices
- November 2016: Official project launch
- 2017: The last remaining 80%
- March 2018: 2 projects in production
- 2018 : distribution